17 July 2009
Press statement by Wanita MCA chairman Datin Paduka Chew Mei Fun expressing support for MCA President on the PKFZ issue
Reference is made to the press interview with MCA President, Dato’ Sri Ong Tee Keat as published by Sin Chew Daily on the PKFZ investigation.
Wanita MCA fully supports the MCA President’s courage in handling the above-mentioned issue according to the following points:
(1) It shows the determination of Barisan National to ameliorate the shortcomings of the past and move forward with a brand new start
(2) Immediate correction can be taken through investigation. This could avoid further losses that could hurt our economy.
(3) The investigation will offer a comprehensive detail towards possibly amending any policy related with PKFZ
(4) If no investigation is conducted, it is similar to an act of self-deception
(5) If no correction or improvement is carried out owing to non investigation, issues surrounding PKFZ maybe a lurking time bomb waiting to bring massive destruction
Wanita MCA supports and respects the decision and action taken by the MCA President, although in the process, a lot of obstacles and threats are encountered.