Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Press Statement by Datin Paduka Chew Mei Fun

19th November 2008

YB Mr Lim Kit Siang in his blog of 18th November 2008, has made unnecessary statements against me in my appointment as the Executive Director of Pempena Sdn Bhd and suggested that I should resign and return the company car.

Firstly, I wish to clarify that I am not the Executive Director but the Executive Chairman of Pempena. In this capacity, I am a fulltime chairman. I have been tasked to restructure Pempena and its group of companies, which requires full devotion of my time. Amongst my other duties, I also attend weekly post-cabinet meetings and chairs Pempena management meetings. I am also a Member of the International Advisory Council for the Ministry of Tourism and have led Tourism delegations to promote Malaysia overseas.

There is no conflict of my work as the Executive Chairman of Pempena with my position as MCA Wanita Chief.

I do not hold any other employment or post besides those mentioned above.

I must stress also that I need not have to take up this post in Pempena as I have various offers in the private sector. I have however accepted this job in Pempena as my national duty.

Pertaining YB Lim’s statement that I am provided with a company car, I must state strongly here that I am using my personal car for official duty. Neither is a new car planned to be purchased for me by Pempena.

On the statement by YB Lim in reference to my apparent ‘warning of another May 13’, let me clarify that the said newspaper has apologized for their error. YB Lim should have checked his facts before bringing up the issue, again and again, to gain political mileage.

I am very sad that YB Lim continues to harp on the same issue with regard to my employment in Pempena.

YB Lim’s continuous politicizing of the Pempena issue has done nothing but take precious time away from my team and I, which could have been used more productively to resolve issues that really matter.

Chew Mei Fun

2 comments:

MCA INSIDER said...

Datin
请你面对事情。不要老是说自己无辜,你竟然是执行董事就用责任。人民可是股东,就必须给人民交代。你说是任职前就发生的事,为什么你没有举报?你岂不是在包庇同党?

Anonymous said...

Pls improve your english